Monday, July 10, 2017

Preparing For Homeschool 2017

While our homeschool curriculum is almost set for August 2017, there are always things left undone. We have the curriculum we want to use, currently we are working on getting the scheduling done. Sometimes having 4 children in school makes planning a bit difficult, I believe we are up for the challenge. Part of me can't wait to see them learning new concepts, the other part of me is already concerned about keeping them motivated. We have vacations for the year already in the works and know how easy it is to get off track. Thankfully with homeschooling, if we need to readjust, it is often easy to do.
Tonight, my wife and I will sit down and get a schedule planned out, even though we have an idea how things should go, we want to be sure it will work efficiently. This year, I want to start with the parts of our curricula requiring technology; Virtual Piano, Online Portuguese, and Typing. Then we will likely take care of Language Arts and Math. Possibly Science will be last, but not sure if I want to put reading last since it is a bit more relaxing for the children. Excited to begin the year, only 2 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment