Monday, July 17, 2017

Requirements For Homeschooling

I remember when my first child was very young (he is soon to be 11 now) and his education became a  dominant discussion for my wife and I. We knew homeschooling was the best choice but had many concerns about how to start. Thanks to a very intelligent wife we began our quest of home educating our children and began to understand the states requirements for homeschooling, the various curricula that was available and soon we were on our way to starting our first real class. Living in the state of Florida, we are only required to send a letter of intent, have a certified teacher evaluate our child's progress and finally send in that evaluation. Nothing more was required.

We will be teaching 3 of our 4 children this year and I must say, we have come a long way. So far Florida's requirements for homeschooling has not changed and seemingly have not failed to cross our t's and dot our i's. Homeschooling is becoming super exciting (most of the time) and I am becoming increasingly amazed at how smart children truly are. My six year old little girl will be starting Piano class for the first time in only a few weeks, while my boys will continue their amazing playing.

Although homeschooling is not the easiest thing I've ever done, I must say that I am truly blessed to be able to do so. I am also thankful to be living in Florida where the requirements for homeschooling is relatively easy.


Sometimes just watching my kiddos play, I am reminded how far they have come and how far they need to go. Homeschooling is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment